Dream of Winx
REG: Nonverbal Ways Step2010
Dream of Winx
REG: Nonverbal Ways Step2010
Dream of Winx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dream of Winx

A free forum for all winx fans! All winxers are welcomed! Join the magic and experience it! Spread your wings and fly!

HomeWelcome PageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
RP season

Season: Summer
Month: July
Year: 2019
Latest topics
» Witch's Circle
REG: Nonverbal Ways Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 3:29 pm by Dream winx

» Thread of random discussions
REG: Nonverbal Ways Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 9:53 am by Dream winx

» Word Chain
REG: Nonverbal Ways Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 4:24 pm by Dream winx

» post here explaining and detailing why fang is the best OTer
REG: Nonverbal Ways Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 7:43 pm by Monkey noises

» REG: The I Need a Hug and/or a Hand to Hold threaed
REG: Nonverbal Ways Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 9:52 pm by cfleischmann

» REG: "Winx Corporate" PowerPoint Template
REG: Nonverbal Ways Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 10:36 pm by cfleischmann

» REG: Desktop Backgrounds Through the years
REG: Nonverbal Ways Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 8:03 am by cfleischmann

» REG: What Happens When a medical device fails?
REG: Nonverbal Ways Icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2017 6:21 pm by cfleischmann

» REG: Wish Me Well / Health Concerns
REG: Nonverbal Ways Icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2017 5:46 pm by cfleischmann

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
The Staff Team

ADMINISTRATORS

MODERATORS
Top posting users this month
No user

REG: Nonverbal Ways

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cfleischmann
Charmix Fairy
Charmix Fairy
cfleischmann

Fairy XP : 12

REG: Nonverbal Ways Empty
PostSubject: REG: Nonverbal Ways   REG: Nonverbal Ways Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 9:04 am

Hi all:

Here's where the story's from... I am 26 years old and have a few physical disabilities. One such condition is that under high enough stress, my voice gives out and I am rendered nonverbal. To avoid unavailability in both my personal and professional life I use an iPad to communicate and any number of 3 ways: 1) typing the things I want to say and hitting the "speak" button, 2) utilizing the pre-defined responses and statements, and/or 3) writing on the electronic whiteboard. These methods can be combined or used individually.

Here's where your opinion comes in: I wish to be permanently nonverbal instead of worrying when my voice will give out I just default to the iPad for all communications.

What do you all think of my desires to become nonverbal forever?
Back to top Go down
https://sirimeyers.tk
Dream winx
Administrator
Administrator
Dream winx

Fairy XP : 401
REG: Nonverbal Ways 2z7kjh2

PostSubject: Re: REG: Nonverbal Ways   REG: Nonverbal Ways Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 7:57 am

I think it will be great to become non-verbal because you won't have that much stress of one interrupting you or getting in the way of your own opinion. Although, it is your option to either become more verbal or less verbal permanently. If you think you would be better off and happier not able to speak, then you can go down that path. I personally think that the technology techniques you use to speak are very fascinating and a great way to communicate with society itself.
As of right now, I cannot think of any reasons why this is not a good skill that you need in life or reasons why not to go non-verbal permanently. I do wish you best of luck though if you wish to go down this road and stop you communication. I hope that things work out in this way.
Back to top Go down
cfleischmann
Charmix Fairy
Charmix Fairy
cfleischmann

PostSubject: Re: REG: Nonverbal Ways   REG: Nonverbal Ways Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 10:03 am

Dream winx wrote:
I think it will be great to become non-verbal because you won't have that much stress of one interrupting you or getting in the way of your own opinion. Although, it is your option to either become more verbal or less verbal permanently. If you think you would be better off and happier not able to speak, then you can go down that path. I personally think that the technology techniques you use to speak are very fascinating and a great way to communicate with society itself.
As of right now, I cannot think of any reasons why this is not a good skill that you need in life or reasons why not to go non-verbal permanently. I do wish you best of luck though if you wish to go down this road and stop you communication. I hope that things work out in this way.

Hi:

I'll admit that I'd love a medical solution, something that still allows me to vocalize (e.g. laugh, scream, produce other "status tones", etc.), yet makes it impossible to speak.  further a medical solution would get save a lot of trouble in certain rare but significant circumstances where the people who don't understand need a "valid reason" (e.g. doctor's note, x-ray, etc.), something they can't argue with (well they could technically argue with an x-ray if they just pin it on the wall and yell at it, but they'd look like an absolute loon doing so) that is more "evidence based" than "because this is how I feel..."  I'' post some lyrics about it later to illustrate this point (it involves a hospital) but that's just one example of one such scenario. The lyrics that illustrate the point above that I require a medical solution for those who want to argue with me being nonverbal can be found at: http://www.winxforevermagic.net/t527-reg-lyrics-remix-lindsay-hospital-nonverbal-remiz#6032
However, I know there will never be such a solution in my lifetime because just like doctors don't do "on-demand" amputations of arms or legs because someone "feel they should be an amputee", there needs to be a "medical justification" for it.
Back to top Go down
Dream winx
Administrator
Administrator
Dream winx

PostSubject: Re: REG: Nonverbal Ways   REG: Nonverbal Ways Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 7:54 am

I do see your points there. There may be some medical solutions out there if you want to try some and I am not a doctor so I cannot tell you what solutions there are. But I do wish you the best on getting what you want and finding the solution to how you want to make your life better. Smile Nonverbal is a great way of expressing what you can do without talking and that you don't have to be verbal to communicate. There are many other ways. I wish you the best!
Back to top Go down
cfleischmann
Charmix Fairy
Charmix Fairy
cfleischmann

PostSubject: Re: REG: Nonverbal Ways   REG: Nonverbal Ways Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 10:14 pm

Dream winx wrote:
I do see your points there. There may be some medical solutions out there if you want to try some and I am not a doctor so I cannot tell you what solutions there are. But I do wish you the best on getting what you want and finding the solution to how you want to make your life better. Smile Nonverbal is a great way of expressing what you can do without talking and that you don't have to be verbal to communicate. There are many other ways. I wish you the best!

@Dream Winx:

Thank you for your support :-) ! but there is no such solution nor will there ever be one for me.  The reason is that they won't "intentionally inflict harm" to a "perfectly healthy individual".  That's like you going in to the E.D. of your local hospital asking to have your right hand amputated.  Unless they deem it "medically necessary" they will flat out laugh you out of the E.D. and may even question your sanity.  They see me with full verbal abilities and no physical issues to modify the functioning of that hardware, so they won't, period, paragraph, end of story until I take matters into my own hands (graphic details withheld). :-(

being verbal makes me so stressed out it's a battle to get out of bed some days or even log in to the phones for work.  Although I will admit my job is pretty cool, they list in my employee medical file "PRE-EXISTING CONDITION: SPEECH / COMMUNICATION DISORDER (OTHER) (A4 CODE 10)" along with the rest of my medical diagnoses provided by a medical doctor (example: autism, legal blindness, noise sensitivity, seizures, migraine headaches, etc.) they even list my psych history (example: PTSD, gender identity issues, multiple personalities, etc.) and some other conditions they fund while I was on the job that doctors can't seem to pick up on like "Winx Withdrawal".  that last one is so severe that I need to be constantly within range of a winx reference at all times else I might become unresponsive or experience other adverse events.  That last one is plastered all over my file in big bold letters along with what to do in the event of an adverse event regardless of the severity of said adverse event.
Back to top Go down
Dream winx
Administrator
Administrator
Dream winx

PostSubject: Re: REG: Nonverbal Ways   REG: Nonverbal Ways Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 8:08 am

Awe that is so sad. I am sorry that you are having to go through this. I do see your point now. I was just throwing out suggestions and my thoughts on this.
I hope things eventually get better for you. Smile
Back to top Go down
cfleischmann
Charmix Fairy
Charmix Fairy
cfleischmann

PostSubject: Re: REG: Nonverbal Ways   REG: Nonverbal Ways Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 11:44 am

Hi:

Like I say thank you for your support and understanding. This makes all the difference in the world to me knowing that *someone* is as least trying to think outside the buildings a bit and be accepting of my condition
Back to top Go down
Dream winx
Administrator
Administrator
Dream winx

PostSubject: Re: REG: Nonverbal Ways   REG: Nonverbal Ways Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 4:02 pm

Its no problem. Unlike some people, I actually have a heart and I actually care for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REG: Nonverbal Ways   REG: Nonverbal Ways Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REG: Nonverbal Ways
Page 1 of 1